BioGas Corp and the
Unique Advantages of HSAD
Anaerobic digestion is a proven technology that has been used commercially for many decades. In the U.S., anaerobic digestion is primarily used for the treatment of wastewater and sewage sludge with solids contents in the range of 2 to 10%. HSAD is an extension of this proven technology for the processing of organic slurries and solids with solids contents of up to 45%. This capability to process higher solids greatly lowers the capital cost per unit of energy production. BioGas Corp's HSAD offers several advantages over most AD technologies including a wide range of suitable feedstock, zero processed water requirements, and zero water discharge.
There are two HSAD outputs. The first is a biogas, which is about 60 to 70% methane with the balance primarily C02. This biogas can be fed directly into a boiler to replace high-priced natural gas, used to fuel a generator to make electricity, or upgraded to pipeline quality natural gas or compressed natural gas for vehicles. The second output is a slurry called "digestate" which is between 10 and 20% solids. This material is pathogen-free and has the slow release properties of organic fertilizer. Important advantages of BioGas Corp's HSAD technology include:
- Ability to process organic waste streams with solids content of up to 45%
- Virtually complete destruction of fecal coliform and pathogen-free output.
- High methane output
- Small plant footprint allowing low cost
- Very high waste conversion rates in a short cycle
- Versatile organic waste feedstocks including food processing waste, waste food, animal waste, or paper and green waste
- No residual waste water or solid waste stream produced